|Focusing for Everyone Level 1-5 Focusing Skils Certificate for Peer Focusing Partnerships. All courses cost £150 for a two day ( 12 Hour) course. Includes notes, a CPD certificate tea coffee and cake but not lunch. Complete all 5 levels and you are awarded the British Focusing Association Focusing Skills Certificate for Peer Focusing Partnerships.
Due to Lockdown these courses can now be offered by Zoom.
|Focusing for everybody Level 1. Focusing is the name given to a naturally occurring a human activity that helps us to heal. Focusing can also be used help us make better decisions, interpret dreams, also art and creative projects and a whole lot more. In this course we will explore
Focusing for Everybody Level 2
Focusing for everybody Level 3
This course includes
1) A brief overview of Levels 1 and 2 of the previous focusing courses .
2) Our interactions with the world in which we live, and what we bring to our focusing partnerships. (Art Exercise covering our core self, resources life experiences etc )
3) Focusing Partnership skills, including experiential listening skills from our own sense of grounded presence. This includes a joint focuser/ focusing partner grounding exercise at the start of the focusing session, and the focusing partner listening and reflecting from their intuitive empathetic felt sense of the focuser and their issues.
4) Working with specific issues in focusing, how to formulate the right questions. ( eg, emotional issues, practical decisions, etc. ) and what to do if they do not seem to work
5) A brief introduction to focusing with the positives, including finding a safe place or space, inviting discovering and expanding our resources and discovering what change might feel like.
6) A brief exploration of Mindfulness based coping strategies for issues when focusing is not possible. ( The Four Steps and revisiting Standing and grounding exercise)
7) Further focusing resources and training.
Focusing for everybody Level 4.
This course builds on the first three courses and is for anybody who wants to expand their theory knowledge and skills in Focusing. This course covers
Next course. Date and Venue to be arranged.
Focusing for everybody Level 5.
This course builds on the previous 4 courses. In this course we expand your knowledge theory and skills further. This course covers.
Forming a focusing partnership can be a great way of developing your focusing skills.
A partnership is formed where two people agree to focus with each other on a regular basis, either by phone or in person. Each partner takes it in turn to be a focuser, and a focusing partner. The time agreed is usually equally divided.
On completing any of my three introductory courses (six hour one-to-one Introduction to Focusing, two-day Introduction to Focusing or Introduction to Focusing and Experiential Psychotherapy), you can register for free at the BFA Focusing Partnership web site. This allows you to make contact with potential focusing partners who have received similar training to yourself through the the Facebook group Find a Focusing Partner (BFA).
See also my Focusing Video Resources
- Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Supervision, in person or via Vsee.
- Men & Counselling
- Alcohol, Drug & Addictions Counselling
- Telephone or VSEE/Zoom Counselling
- Focusing & Experiential Psychotherapy
- Introduction to Focusing-oriented Therapy Levels 1-5. 60 Hours of training over 5 weekends Plus other courses of interest
- Focusing Workshops for Everybody BFA Focusing Skills Certificate Levels 1-5
- Some interesting video’s from Gabor Maté on Attachment, Addictions Trauma ADHD and more. For information only.